Aarna Law is committed to protecting your privacy and has provided this policy (“Policy”) to familiarize you with the manner in which it collects, uses, shares and discloses your information that is collected through https://www.aarnalaw.com/index.html. You accept this Agreement by using the Website or accessing any content available through the Website.
Aarna Law website is provided as a complimentary facility to clients, colleagues, and others, for general information only. The content or information on any Website is not designed or intended to provide legal or other advice or create a lawyer-client relationship and is not intended to solicit clients or work. You should not take, or refrain from taking, action based on the content of the Website. Aarna Law and its partners, retainers, consultants, directors, agents, associates or employees (including authors or contributors of any content or information on the Website) accept no responsibility for any loss or damage that may result from accessing, or reliance on, any content on the Website and disclaim, to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, any and all liability with respect to or resulting from, or arising out of or connected with acts or omissions made by clients or readers or users on the basis of content or information on the Website. Rankings and other materials from legal directories and other sources may refer to current Legal Practice verticals or their predecessors. Images of people may be their current or former images or may feature current or former personnel or models not connected with Aarna Law.
- The terms of the Policy provided herein govern your use of the Website and any content provided, accessed or distributed in the Website. For our client confidentiality obligations and associated references, please refer to our terms of engagement.
- This Policy shall be construed to be provided in compliance with the Information Technology Act 2000 and the rules framed thereunder (as amended from time to time) (“IT Act”). The words and expressions used in this Policy but not defined herein will have the meaning assigned to them under the IT Act.
- Collection of Information:
- contact information, such as your name, job title, postal address, including your home address, business address, telephone number, mobile phone number, fax number and email address;
- further business information necessarily processed in a project or client contractual relationship with Aarna Law or voluntarily provided by you, such as instructions given, payments made, requests and projects;
- information about any kind of litigation or other legal proceedings against you or a third party related to you and interaction with you, if legally required for compliance purposes;
- information collected from publicly available resources, integrity data bases and credit agencies;
- information about your qualifications and sought after position within Aarna, which you may provide in relation with any application made to Aarna. Any use of such information depends on your consent;
- other personal data regarding your preferences notwithstanding its relevance to the legal services that we provide; and/or
- details of your visits to our premises.
- Proprietary Rights:
The Website and the Content are the sole and exclusive property of Aarna Law and/or its licensors. You agree not to reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell or exploit for any commercial purpose, any portion of the Website or the Content other than as expressly authorized by Aarna Law in writing. You hereby acknowledge and agree that, as between Aarna Law and you, all right, title, and interest in and to the Website and the Content shall be owned exclusively by Aarna Law. You agree not to access the Website by any means other than through a standard web browser on a computer or mobile device. You further agree that you will not damage, disable, alter, overburden, or impair the Website or interfere with any other party’s use and enjoyment of it.
- Access to Website on Shared Devices:
- About Information on this Website:
The Content available on the Website is intended to be a general information resource and is provided solely on an “AS IS” and “AS AVAILABLE” basis. You are encouraged to confirm the information contained herein. You should not construe Aarna Law’ publication of the Content as a warranty or guarantee of the quality or availability of any services or the accuracy, completeness or reliability of the Content or any part thereof.
- Third Party Links
The Website may contain links to other websites operated by other parties. Aarna Law provides these links to other websites as a convenience, and use or access of these sites is at solely your own risk. The linked sites are not under the control of Aarna Law, and Aarna Law is not responsible for the content available on such sites. Such links do not imply Aarna Law’ endorsement of information or material on any other site and Aarna Law disclaims all liability with regard to your access to and use of such linked Websites and the consequences of such access or use. You must review and agree to the terms and conditions of these sites before using the same.
- Maps used on our Website:
Maps are published by Google and sourced under an open license. The boundaries and names shown and the designations used do not necessarily imply the expression of opinion on the part of Aarna Law or its personnel in respect of the legal status of any geographic region, frontier, or boundaries.
- Links to our Website:
You must not link to Aarna Law’ Website without a written agreement between you and Aarna Law authorizing you to do so.
- Use of Intellectual Property Rights:
- Aarna Law owns the website as well the intellectual property contained thereon including all programs, processes, designs, software, technologies, trademark, trade names, inventions and materials therein and all the services offered by the Advocates or others on the Website.
- You shall not use the content available on the website without the prior written permission of Aarna Law. Any breach of the applicable law shall be followed with the appropriate legal action by Aarna Law.
- Disclaimers of Liability:
- The website and all content on the website are provided to you on an “AS IS” and “AS AVAILABLE” basis without warranty of any kind either express or implied, including but not limited to any implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement. Aarna Law makes no warranty as to the accuracy, completeness or reliability of any Content available through the website. You are responsible for verifying any Content or information before relying on it. Use of the Website and the Content available on the Website is at your sole risk.
- Aarna Law makes no representations or warranties that use of the website will be uninterrupted or error-free or virus free. You are responsible for taking all necessary precautions to ensure that any content you may obtain from the website is free of viruses or other harmful code.
- To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, Aarna Law disclaims all liability, whether based in contract, tort (including negligence), strict liability or otherwise, and further disclaims all losses, including without limitation indirect, incidental, consequential, or special losses and damages arising out of or in any way connected with access to or use of the Website or the Content, even if Aarna Law has been advised of the possibility of such damages.
- You agree to indemnify, defend and hold Aarna Law, its subsidiaries, and affiliates, and their respective officers, agents, members, partners, associates, directors, consultants and employees, lawyers, harmless from any loss, liability, claim, or demand, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, due to or arising out of your use of the Website and/or breach of this Agreement.
- Modification of terms and conditions:
- If any provision of this Agreement is held to be illegal, invalid or unenforceable, such provision shall be disregarded and the remaining provisions shall remain in full force.
- Headings are for reference purposes only and in no way define, limit, construe or describe the scope or extent of such section.
- Any cause of action or claim you may have with respect to this Agreement or the Website must be commenced within six (6) months after the claim or cause of action arises or such claim or cause of action shall be barred.
- Assignment of Rights
- You may not assign or transfer your rights or obligations under this Agreement without the prior written consent of Aarna Law, and any purported assignment or transfer in violation of this provision shall be null and void.
- Aarna Law reserves the right to seek all remedies available at law and in equity for violations of this Agreement and/or the rules and regulations set forth on the Website, including without limitation the right to block access from a particular internet address.
- This arrangement may be terminated by either party at any time, with or without cause.
- Aarna Law reserves the right to refuse the use of services immediately in case your conduct is deemed by Aarna Law to be in contravention of applicable acts, laws, rules and regulations or considered to be unethical / immoral in any manner.
- Change to the website:
- Aarna Law may make changes to the Website and the Content and/or the services described on the Website at any time without any prior notice. You agree that your use of the Website after such changes will constitute your acceptance of such changes. Changes to this Agreement will not be applied retroactively.
- Governing Law
- The Parties agree that this Agreement shall be governed by, interpreted, construed and enforced in accordance with the laws of India.
- In the event of any dispute, claim, question or disagreement arising from or relating to this Agreement (“Dispute”), the Parties shall use their best endeavours to settle such Dispute.
- If the Parties are unable to resolve the Dispute within 30 (thirty) days of commencement of consultation proceedings, the Dispute shall be referred for determination by a sole arbitrator in accordance with the remaining provisions of this clause.
- The seat of arbitration shall be Bangalore, India and the arbitration proceedings shall be conducted in English language. However Aarna Law reserves the right to initiate action for breach of these terms and conditions in the appropriate Courts of the city/state/country where a party may have committed a breach.
- The decision of the arbitrator shall be final and binding on the Parties.
- The Parties shall bear their own legal costs and expenses in relation to the arbitration proceedings conducted under this Agreement.